Now this isn’t the most exciting news but it’s something I’ve been meaning to get. Most people when they hear the word ‘visa’ they think a travel visa but in Canada we have a credit card called Visa.
It was a simple and easy process for me, I already have other accounts with this bank and I got auto-approved. It takes 5-10 business days in order to reach me and I’m looking forward to it.
Now and days you pretty much need a credit card and I need to start building up a credit score so I can buy a car or a house with my boyfriend. I’m excited that I’ve done this step because it’s on my list of stuff that I need to get done in order to move on up in the world.
Just a quick post in order to keep up with my 2015 list!
Thanks for reading,
Read More »
Lucky me I get to go to a wedding in less then 2 months and I thought this would be a great thing to write about. Lets get started..
- The Dress. Obviously you need a nice dress fit for a wedding! Get a dress that fits the surroundings, if you’re going to a beach wedding, get a dress that flows and bright colour; a church wedding, get a nice fancy dress that still looks amazing; a backyard wedding, I would just get a casual dress and do your hair up nicely, you get my point. Don’t be afraid to reuse a dress from a different wedding because I’m sure as hell doing that. I went to a wedding last year and found a dress that costed $300 but I LOVED it, now I’m going to wear it to this years wedding just changing the shoes.
- The Shoes. The shoes need to match with your dress or your accessories. The dress I have is kind of hard to change the colour so my shoes will match my dress. If you’re wearing lets say a red dress, you can play it up with some black accessories. When you’re picking out shoes remember a few things; they need to be comfortable, scratch the bottoms so you don’t slide all over the floor, you need to be able to walk in them, and be age appropriate.
- The Clutch/Purse. Now for most ladies this is a must, unless you want to be that girl who carries her cellphone in between her breast. I’m not saying you have to go out and buy a Michael Kors clutch, you can go to way cheaper places and find something just as good or better to fit your liking. Make sure your phone, some money and a camera will fix in there because that’s mostly what you will be holding.
- Accessories. I know a purse is a part of this topic but I mostly want to talk about jewelry. It’s a wedding, get some nice earrings, a necklace and a bracelet. Have some fun with it but still look classy.
- Make Up. Yay the fun part. Nothing more exciting to us ladies then getting all dressed up and having a good night. Well if you’re a girl like me who wears basic make up, (and I mean basic by mascara and eye liner and that’s it) then you will think make up is stressful. Never fear, basic make up is okay as long as it looks nice for a wedding, if not ask a friend to help you out or go to a make up store and they can show you how to do things!
- Hair. This for me is the fun part, I love doing my hair to look nice (since we all know I work in a pool and never get a chance to do it). When doing your hair I would suggest testing it out a few times at home before you do it. Practice makes perfect is a true sentence when it comes to doing your hair.
- The Invite. This is important to bring since you probably don’t know where the location is and it will have the address on it! Trust me, bring it and just leave it in the car unless you are told to bring it in.
- Money. I know it’s a wedding and everything is pretty much paid for but you never know when you’re going to need some money. Always bring some just in case!
- Camera/Cell Phone. Pictures, pictures, pictures. There’s nothing more fun then taking pictures with people at a wedding, it’s a memory you want to remember. But what you need to remember is that it’s someones special day and you don’t want to ruin it.
- Charger/Batteries. I know you’re thinking what camera takes actual batteries anymore? I’m talking about those old birds who still use the old camera that use batteries, and besides always bring an extra battery for those modern cameras if it runs out. You can charge the other one while you’re still talking pictures.
- Flats. This is mostly for the ladies, even if you did get those comfortable shoes your feet can still hurt by the end of the night or maybe you can’t dance in heels? Either way flats is a good way to fix that. You can bring a pair of TOMS or even a drug store has flats that fit in your purse just for that purpose!
- Deodorant. There’s nothing worse then dancing the night away and realizing you’re not fresh anymore! Now don’t fear if you have a car you and always go get fresh air and freshen up. If you don’t then well you will need to keep thing in your purse! A small one is all you need, I keep one in my purse anyways.
- Water. I’m not saying bring a huge jug of water to the wedding, I’m talking about those cute, small ones just to keep you hydrated throughout the ceremony.
- A smile. I know that sounds stupid but remember these photos are going to be someone memories for life. You don’t want to be standing in a photo with no smile because you don’t like smiling. Think of someone else and plus you probably look better smiling with your teeth anyways!
- A Drive Home/DD. This is the most important one, I cannot stress this enough. Please do not drink and drive! You have so many options these days that you do not have to nor should you! You can call a cab, call a friend, have a designated driver, plan for someone to pick you up, bus home if you live close!
Tips on New Shoes!
I have this thing with new shoes, I hate the way they feel not formed to your foot and are most likely uncomfortable no matter what you said in the store. I do this for all heels that I get because yea I don’t wear them a lot and I want to be comfortable!
Make sure the shoe actually fits! Don’t get a shoe a size too small because your feet will swell and then you will have bigger problems, not to mention your feet will kill right off the bat – those poor toes! Don’t get the show a size too big just because that’s all they had! They’re a million shoe stores out there, it might take you awhile but you will find them.
When you do get the shoes work them in. What I mean by working them in is wear them around the house all the time, for at least a month. By the time the wedding comes they will feel like running shoes.
Scratch the bottom of the shoes. I do this all the time so I don’t fall on my face when you get to the hall. They have nice flat floors with no grip! Trust me on this one. All you have to do it go on your driveway and drag your feet around.
If you have read my blog for awhile you know that YouTube is a big part of my life. One of my favourite YouTubers Alli Speed (use to be Alli Trippy) travels all over the world. Most of the time she travels on her own without a company but once a year a company that sponsors YouTubers takes a a couple of them on a trip. Last year they went to Australia, this year they are currently at Barcelona!
My whole life I’ve wanted to go to England and Ireland but no one would ever go with me (I mean I use to beg my mum to take me!) I looked up Ireland on the company’s website and saw the price and said I’m going to do this.
About Contiki Tours
It’s pretty much a travel company but it’s for 18-35 year olds. You look up where you want to go, put a deposit down, then you have 45 days to pay the full thing (if you save for it is reasonable.) The company plans all the little details so you don’t have to worry about them. Flight, how you’re getting around and what you’re going to see and eat is all taken care of. You travel around with a group (other people who have signed up for it), you have a tour guide with you the whole time but you also get some down time to do the things you want or if you want to have a night of drinking lets say, you can do that too.
I haven’t travelled in a long time since I’ve stopped playing baseball and it sucks because I’ve gone all over the United States but I’ve never been to the UK and it’s always been a dream of mine. I told my parents about it and they said it was a pretty cool idea, I told my sister and boyfriend about it because hopefully one of them will come with me. Even if they don’t save the money and I do I can also go by myself because I’m never really alone, I just won’t know anyone there.
Since I really want to do this I need to start planning now, I’m shooting for around next year summer to go.
Things I Need to Do
- Passport – need to get it filled out for a new one and pictures!
- Save – keep saving money the way I have been and I will be alright.
- Get plug adapter for Ireland/Scotland/England (a master one with all will work best)
- Make sure boyfriend or sister are saving for this!
- Make the ultimate packing list!
- Traveling backpack (work walking around)
- Second battery for camera.
- Second memory card for camera. (or load onto computer)
- Let work know in advanced.
- Find someone to take care of animals. (teach someone how)
- Book trip early.
Obviously it’s still early so as time goes on I will have a better plan and will figure out what I’m going to do.
I really hope this comes together! I will keep you updated on it!
If you are interested in traveling but don’t really know how and are between the ages 18-35 check out their website!
This will have to be apart of my 2015 list! I will post a link when I create that one!
I can’t remember if I wrote about Christmas in my last post, I think I wrote about me starting to shop that’s about it so let me begin!
I started my Christmas shopping last weekend and I have only gotten two gifts; not even two gifts I got one gift and part of the second one. I went shopping with my bestfriend, I think we spent most of our 5 hour shopping in Target, they had some pretty cool stuff.
I have about 20 people that I need to buy for and I don’t get paid that much because I work for the City of Brampton. Everyone thinks if you work for the city you get paid a lot of money, that used to be the case back when I was in high school because minimum wage was so low. Now because there is a freeze on the wage I get just above minimum wage. Brampton is the only city that pays so low for swimming instructors, lifeguards and deck supervisors, it’s honestly so sad because I had to do 5 months of UNPAID training and about 6-7 classes that each cost $80-$150, which I have to update every 2 years. Which is to say that I don’t have the money to updated anything because I don’t get paid enough.
The reason why I am so stressed and worried about this Christmas madness is because I don’t get paid a lot which I only get paid every 2 weeks and I have 20 people to buy for. I have 3-4 pays left before Christmas which I have to somehow make it work.
For some reason I am excited about Christmas this year, I think it’s because my boyfriend’s mum already has her Christmas stuff up around the house. I started my shopping early because not only the money but because I’m excited about it. I think I’m just excited to get everyone to open their gifts from me and hope that they like them. I mostly want to make my boyfriend’s gift the best one but right now it seems kind of lame. In my head it seemed like it was great because it’s all the things he said he wanted since I’ve met him but as I lay it out it’s all clothes. I’m excited for his mum to open her gift because I want her to stop thinking that I don’t like her, I don’t even care if she doesn’t get me anything which I don’t want her too since I will feel bad but if she does I’m sure I will like it.
My mother only puts her Christmas stuff up about the first week of December, but this year because I bought myself a small tree my mum said that I could put it up and we could have two trees and be all fancy! The only problem is that I have to spend more money on getting decorations for it. I was in the Bay’s Christmas stuff and I saw a tree that was made up of all lumberjack stuff. I loved it and I decided that I wanted to do that for my tree. Now my tree is small and the ornaments are normal size and depending on how much they are will tell me how many of them I will get. Target also has a red and grey ornaments thing which I am going to pick up because I think they will end up matching. I just have to go get them!
Christmas is so far away but this is just the start of my craziness that you will hear about!