Happy Canada Day!
Hello everyone! I just came home from a Toronto Blue Jays game and I thought I haven’t written a post in a long time. Since I just came home from the game I though of the idea of what to bring to a Jays game or any game for that matter. So here it goes, lets get started.
1. Tickets. Obviously this is an important one. You cannot get into the game without this. I don’t know about other teams but I think that almost every team does this, now and days teams are so popular even if people don’t like the sport. Baseball is a game that you can go to just to enjoy a nice day at the park, drinking beer with friends; more or so a social event. I would recommend purchasing your tickets online at the teams website and printing them off at home.
2. A bag. Bags can’t be bigger then a backpack or a large purse, well that’s how it is at the Rogers Centre. When I’m at the game my bag is one of my essentials. I’m always throwing things into it or hanging hats off of it. As you’re going in they will check your bag but all they do is look into it and feel the bottom on the outside. The easiest bag to bring is a backpack or a cross body purse, but normal purses work just as well but you just leave it on the floor at your feet.
3. Camera or Cell Phone. Pictures, pictures, pictures! Cell phones work well for selfies and group photos but if you want to get pictures of the players from across the field a digital camera works best. It doesn’t have to be a big super awesome expensive camera, a simply small canon is what I use and pictures come out great.
4. Jersey. This is obvious but if you don’t have a team jersey most stores sell cheap t-shirts with the teams name now. For example, Victoria’s Secret Pink sells Toronto Blue Jays shirts.
5. Hat. It doesn’t have to be a team hat but most people wear them. If you want one and don’t want to spend a lot of money look at the teams website, they may have a promotions section and they have days where they give away hats, jersey, bobble heads and much more.
6. Sunscreen or Umbrella. Everyone who knows baseball knows the the Blue Jays play in a dome but the dome opens. On hot days if you’re not in the parts that are in the shade sunscreen will be a must. I’ve gone to a game in the sun and fried like a piece of chicken, trust me on this one. If it rains in Toronto the dome will just close but most places are outside, so when they delay the game to save the field you are left just chilling in the rain, umbrella will save you!
7. Sweater or Cardigan. I know this sounds stupid especially after I said to bring sunscreen but I freeze sometimes. The season starts early and in Toronto, Canada it’s still winter when it starts, I went to a game and didn’t take off my jacket because it was cold. In the summer on a cold, rainy day when the dome is closed they turn on the A/C full blast to make sure everyone stays cool, I get cold easily but it could help. Also a jackets for the teams that start early and don’t play in a dome this is a must if you’re crazy enough to go see them.
8. Money. Food, beer, souvenirs! Somewhere in the park there will be a store, if you don’t have something of the teams this is a good chance but it will be a little more expensive them what it would be at a store outside the park. Most sports stores have their cities team stuff. Tim Hortons in Canada even sells Jays donuts, you will not have any problems finding what you want.
9. A good mood. You may have to wake up early and bus to the place but if you’re not in the mood to go to the game, you’re gonna have a bad time. Games are fun, be happy, have a drink, take a lot of pictures, sing the songs and do some of the fun things they have there for you.
10. Permanent Marker and Something to get Signed! Before every game you are allowed to go down to the field and one of the team mates will be signing thing. Bring your own marker and get your shirt, hat, ball signed. If you’re lucky your favorite player will be the one signing things, they also let you take their pictures with you!
I know I haven’t being writing lately and it’s because I’ve been busy with work, dinners and going to Toronto Blue Jays games!
Alright I did this a couple years ago with my sister, we were literally 7 rows up from the field. This year I did it with my sister and my boyfriend and we were 36 rows up from the field, which is still pretty close then most people would get.
(This picture was taken about 30 mins before the game, just to show you how close I was!)
Alright so my day started off terrible for this day. The night before I barely slept because my boyfriend and I stayed up late watching a movie then most of the night I was up feeling like I was about to puke. When I woke up I was still feeling so bad but I got ready and went on with the day. My boyfriend bought beer the night before so we could pre-drink on the bus, we only had two beers without eating any breakfast. Yes, I was drinking at 10 am.
We get to Toronto, get breakfast at Union station and continue drinking without getting caught! Yay! I then had to go back to Ripley’s Aquarium to switch out a mug that I got that was broken. It was actually so easy, I thought they would look at my bill and say that I couldn’t because it wasn’t from today. Nope, they let me walk right in, didn’t look at anything, just switched the mug. Anyways, we get to the Rogers centre and find our gate but before we went in my boyfriend smoked like 2 smokes since you can’t inside the building. We went in a found the Jays shop where my sister and I went in, she found herself a nice hat.
We sat down in our seats to find out that there was a tall guy sitting in front of me. Now none of you know me but I’m only five foot three, so this guy was in my way of the game. His daughter hated my boyfriend because he was so loud, she kept giving us dirty looks it was actually so funny. Anyways the Jays lost but it was a fun day.
After the game we met up with my boyfriends and my friends for some lunch. We went to Wayne Gretzky’s but it was an hour wait. We went into Fionn’s and they said they had a table that would sit 8 of us, we walk in to find it was 2 small bar tables. We went to Boston Pizza, it was my sister’s birthday and the guys were great at telling the waitress so they sang to her. I think that made the day complete.
On the way back home these drunk assholes were being so annoying but they said sorry when they left so it was fine. My boyfriend and I dropped my sister off and went home to pass out!
Alright that was another thing crossed off my list of things to do in 2014! Remember if any of you have any other ideas let me know! Here’s the link to list!
Check it out!
This was actually the hardest thing for me to do but I wanted to do it again, which I did! 50 more things about me, I hope you like it.
- I always randomly wake up in the middle of the night for no reason.
- I’ve only had one job my whole life.
- I have a fear of becoming fat.
- It’s extremely hard for me to talk to new people.
- Doctor Who is the shit, go watch the show.
- I write almost everyday in a jornal and no one has ever read them.
- I don’t know where half those journals are.
- I love cats and dogs.
- I have 1 cat and 2 dogs.
- My mum doesn’t buy real pop, it’s pretty much flavoured water.
- I want to live a healthy lifestyle but I have zero motivation.
- I hate Apple products but I have an iPod.
- My longest relationship was 3 year. (The worst three years of my life.)
- I only have 2 really good friends.
- I hate my job, it actually is the worst.
- I was a regular at a bar by the time I was 19. In Canada that is the legal drinking age.
- I love taking pictures when I go out. Yes, I am THAT girl.
- It’s really hard for me to tell you, “I love you.” So if I say it, I mean it.
- I hate when people get the same things as me, especially if you’re related to me.
- I have no idea what I want to do with my life job wise.
- Writing is the only thing I keep at, I’ve been doing it for years but just for myself.
- I feel like I somehow always mess up my relationships.
- I’m always worrying I’m going to lose someone close to me.
- I’ve learnt to embrace my crazy curly hair just in like the past year or two.
- I hate talking about myself to people so this is very hard for me, even though I don’t know who any of you are or can see that you’re reading this.
- I think I am a bad gift giver.
- I love wrapping gifts, so Christmas is really fun for me.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I use to have a Newfoundland dog, she died when I was younger.
- I use to have a Bernese Mountain Dog but she died 2 years ago Feb.
- …I’m the only person in my family that didn’t get to say goodbye to my Bernese so that day is really hard for me.
- I’ve never had an actual new years kiss with a boyfriend or a guy I like.
- I have had a new years kiss though. Last new years some random guy kissed me at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto, Canada.
- I can’t sleep when my boyfriend works midnights.
- I hate change. I hate counting it, carrying it around, just everything about it.
- I use to wear Gothic clothes.
- I’m allergic to perfume but I wear it everyday.
- I don’t actually have a winter jacket.
- When I was younger I put a hole in my head but jumping off a bunk bed and landing on a ceramic pig. The pig ear split my head open without the damn thing breaking.
- I got rid of my warts I got from the pool but accidentally stabbing myself with my pufferfish.
- I’ve lost every best friend but one and today is her birthday!
- I love going hot tubing.
- Pandora is my favourite place to get jewelry.
- I actually have 2 Pandora charm bracelets.
- I’m really nice to someone unless I don’t like them, then I will make you feel like complete shit.
- I wish I could put together really cool layered outfits, but I just suck. Jeans and t-shirts all the way.
- I actually miss switching between my parents houses every week.
- I have a sign Colby Rasmus baseball from the Toronto Blue Jays. He is my favourite player!
- David Clarkson is my favourite Toronto Maple Leaf player.
- I’ve been to one maybe two Leaf games my whole life.