Welcome to 2015! It has been off to a great start for me and I hope it has been for you as well.
For years I haven’t made any resolution but now that I’m getting older I really need to be making realistic goals for myself. I know I have The 2015 List but those are just fun things I want to do throughout the year, here I’m going to make a small list of the things I want to improve in myself.
1. Eat healthy. I don’t mean by going on a full on diet that never works because the word “diet” means a temporary change. What I mean about eating healthy is not worrying about calories, just eating healthy foods and feeling great inside and out. Also a little add on to eating healthy, I want to add in that I want to drink more water.
2. Cut out pop. I don’t drink that much pop to begin with but it’s something no one should have. It’s full of sugar, bad for your teeth and your body. It will be hard because pop is an addiction because of what’s in it but I’m sure I can at least cut it down some more.
3. Be more positive. I do have to admit I do find myself being more negative than positive and that’s something I want to change. I just want to see the positive side of things and stop worrying as much, now that doesn’t mean not caring but a way to have less stress.
4. See my Dad once a month. If you have read my blog you may know that my Dad lives 45 mins away and I don’t have a car, which makes it hard to go see him especially with work mixed into it. I just want to see my dad more often and making a goal of going up to see him once a month is a great way to do that, I mean in my opinion.
5. Get organised. I have a great deal of stuff crammed into my small room, most of it is stuff I need and use but it’s just not organised. I actually already started this today because having a clean room, to me, is less stressful. Start with getting rid of clothes, throwing out things I don’t need or use anymore, and organizing the items I do need to keep and use.
6. Stop procrastinating, just do it! This is a bad habit of mine and I’m sure many other people have this problem too, we all wait to the last minute. I did it all throughout high school and my days now. I need to time manage better and get things done on time but in a timely manner with my 100% effort, not last minute crap. The just do it part is a way of saying go do the things you wanted to do, if you’ve wanted to travel to somewhere new, just do it. If you wanted to buy a car, work your ass off and just do it!
Thanks for reading,