Christmas is only 3 days away, that is absolutely crazy. This year has gone by so fast that it is kind of sad. My year started out really shitty but somehow got great. I work tonight, then I go to my boyfriends then all my Christmas madness starts when I get home. On Monday my uncle is coming over – he’s the uncle I always like so I want to see him and I want to talk a picture with him. Then after that all the other madness happens that I wrote before in a different post.
Welcome to Canada
I don’t know if you guys know this but I live in Toronto, Ont, Canada. If you’ve looked at the weather for us it has been typical winter weather but all of the sudden it decided to half snow and half rain – making it ice pretty much. It rains all day long but as soon as it starts to turn into night the ground freezes making it one big sheet of ice. I went to sushi last night with my friends, when we were done we had to skate our way to the car. It was actually so funny because the driveway is on a hill but at the same time it was very dangerous. I hope when I go to work tonight and walking to my boyfriend’s car I don’t fall on my ass. I don’t have a picture for you guys from myself but I am going to steal one off of Facebook from a friend.
Now you can see what the hell is going in here.
Over the years my family has done Christmas we sort of have a routine that we follow. My parents are divorced and my dad moved away so we just do our Christmas on Christmas eve now. My mum on the other hand there is a whole bunch.
1. Try to wake up Maeghan (aka me) – so when I was younger I was NOT a morning person. Trying to wake me up was a very dangerous thing because if you did it the wrong way you would either get yelled at or I would hit you.
2. Tell my sister to go back to bed at 4 AM – my sister is the one who gets so excited over Christmas is our family. She will wake up at 4 AM and try to get the whole family up. She usually comes into my room and tells me that Santa came or to get up, which I don’t. She then would go to my mum’s room and try to wake me up but they would tell her to go to bed. Now and days my sister just waits in her room until it’s time or she makes coffee for everyone.
3. Croissants – ever since my parents divorced my mum made it a thing that she would make croissants in the morning. That would be our breakfast as we opened up our stockings. Now my whole family is up at this point but myself, they let me sleep as long as possible because I hate waking up early, especially if I’m hungover from the Christmas Eve party.
4. Terrible pictures – every year my mum takes pictures of us as we open up our gifts, but as you know no one looks good right after they just woken up. None of these pictures have every made it to Facebook but this year I will be posting them so I am going to look great before I come down to open gifts.
5. Opening gifts – some of my sister’s gifts and mine are the same or similar so when we open up our gifts they sometimes take forever because we have the open some things at the same time. It’s funny though and makes the whole process fun.
6. After math – after opening all our gifts we all decided to put things together or go through them once again and actually give a good look at things. I think everyone in the world does this.
7. Family comes over – after all of that we have to deal with all of our family come over. This is very interesting because our house is small and we have all these people coming over. Some of the people we don’t like too much so I stay down for about an hour then go up to my room.
What about you?
Alright I want to know what you guys do for Christmas or what weird traditions you have to do each year. Leave them in a comment and maybe I will make a list or something! So leave your name and your weird traditions/things you do on Christmas!