The official first day of summer is June 21 this year but the weather makes it feel like it’s already here (and were happy about that!) For me when I think about summer the thing that mostly comes to mind is the beach, that got me thinking for my next post! Today I’m going to give you a list of beach must haves! Lets get started…
1. Beach Bag. This is a # 1 must, what are you going to carry all your things in? Having a beach bag will help a great deal, for me this bag needs to be a big bag to carry all the must haves you will read. Getting one with a bright colour or fun picture on it will help with the beach mood.
2. Towels. Notice the ‘s’! Yes, bring two (2) towels to the beach with you! One for laying down on or leaving it on your beach chair and the second is to dry your self off. With the second towel keep it out of the sand, there’s nothing worse then going to dry yourself off when you’re about to leave and your towel is completely covered in sand.
3. Sunscreen. As I wrote in my previous post sunscreen is a must. The sun is getting stronger and we need to protect ourselves, also there’s nothing worse then having a terrible burn (ouch!)
4. A Hat. I’m the type of girl who loves wearing ball caps therefore I have no problem buying or wearing a hat. Some people think they don’t look good in hats or they just straight up don’t like wearing them. When you’re at the beach and you don’t have a lot of shade from the sun a hot is important. You don’t have to wear it the whole time but giving your head, face and neck a break from the sun is a must on a hot, sunny day. Now it doesn’t have to be a baseball cap, that’s just what I like, but I also have a straw cowboy hat! Go out shopping a try to find cheap hats that you love and won’t mind getting a little water on them! Have some fun with it!
5. Sunglasses. Having a pair of sunglasses helps you from squinting your eyes just to see your books or the people next to you. You don’t have to bring your good pair of glasses to the beach, finding a cheap pair (like $5 and under) is a great pair for the beach. If you end up losing them in the water or they get scratched, it’s okay because it’s not your good pair you spent your well earned money on.
6. Reading Material. I know I’m the type of person who has trouble just laying in the sun doing nothing because I fry when I’m out in the sun but I also love reading. Having a good book or magazine at the beach is a must!
7. Water Resistant Phone Pouch. You can find these online, they’re great when you’re at the beach because it’ll protect your phone from water and sand! Now you don’t have to buy one you can simply just use a plastic bag, that works just as well.
8. Lip Balm with SPF. Your lips need protection too! There’s nothing worse them being at the beach and finding yourself with chapped lips and nothing to help fit it. I recommend keeping your sunscreen and lip balm out of the sun to keep it cool and from melting!
9. Beach Spike. This is a great way from keeping your drinks being covered in sand! This can be found at https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/184528912/monogram-beach-spiker?ref=shop_home_feat_3
10. Leave In Conditioner. In my previous post I wrote about skin and hair with the sun. Leave in conditioner is a must have when you’re at the beach. The sun takes a lot out of you, so when your done at the beach and ready to head home, put some leave in conditioner so your hair can soak some moisture back into it.
11. A Football. Having some sort of sport equipment at a beach is always fun. For my family it was baseball gloves and a ball, but when I’m with a group of friends we all throw a football around. It doesn’t have a be a football, you can also bring a volleyball, soccer ball, etc.
12. iPod. For me it’s always great to have some music when you’re relaxing. Now if you’re with a group of friends that your close enough to just have your relaxing time, go ahead and bring this. But if your with lets say your boyfriend and his friends I wouldn’t exactly bring this and seem anti-social. Bringing it for the car is great since know one likes listening to the commercials on the radio anyways.
13. A Cooler. When I go to the beach we also go to the dollar store and beer store to stock up on some drinks. Having alcohol is fun and relaxing but be careful with it when you’re in the sun. Make sure your drinking one bottle of water after every beer to prevent yourself from getting dehydrated! In my cooler we also bring water, pop, alcoholic beverages and some food.
14. Lotion/Aloe. When your done at the beach and your sitting in the car driving home and you realize you are burnt, have tight skin or just a nice tan. You want to make sure you have something for that, bringing lotion or aloe will help a great deal. If you’re at a beach that doesn’t have showers to rinse off this may be a little harder but if you are its’ perfect. Once you’re done at the beach, rinse off, dry off and lotion your body up. The drive home won’t be as uncomfortable and it will help keep your tan from turning into peeling skin!
15. Camera. You can use your phone but sometimes phone cameras don’t always do the trick. I carry my camera around with me where ever I got, this is a great time to capture moments with your friends and families!
That’s it! Let me know if this came handy when you were packing for the beach!
Do you have anymore to add to the list, leave them in the comments!