Hello everyone! I just came home from a Toronto Blue Jays game and I thought I haven’t written a post in a long time. Since I just came home from the game I though of the idea of what to bring to a Jays game or any game for that matter. So here it goes, lets get started.
1. Tickets. Obviously this is an important one. You cannot get into the game without this. I don’t know about other teams but I think that almost every team does this, now and days teams are so popular even if people don’t like the sport. Baseball is a game that you can go to just to enjoy a nice day at the park, drinking beer with friends; more or so a social event. I would recommend purchasing your tickets online at the teams website and printing them off at home.
2. A bag. Bags can’t be bigger then a backpack or a large purse, well that’s how it is at the Rogers Centre. When I’m at the game my bag is one of my essentials. I’m always throwing things into it or hanging hats off of it. As you’re going in they will check your bag but all they do is look into it and feel the bottom on the outside. The easiest bag to bring is a backpack or a cross body purse, but normal purses work just as well but you just leave it on the floor at your feet.
3. Camera or Cell Phone. Pictures, pictures, pictures! Cell phones work well for selfies and group photos but if you want to get pictures of the players from across the field a digital camera works best. It doesn’t have to be a big super awesome expensive camera, a simply small canon is what I use and pictures come out great.
4. Jersey. This is obvious but if you don’t have a team jersey most stores sell cheap t-shirts with the teams name now. For example, Victoria’s Secret Pink sells Toronto Blue Jays shirts.
5. Hat. It doesn’t have to be a team hat but most people wear them. If you want one and don’t want to spend a lot of money look at the teams website, they may have a promotions section and they have days where they give away hats, jersey, bobble heads and much more.
6. Sunscreen or Umbrella. Everyone who knows baseball knows the the Blue Jays play in a dome but the dome opens. On hot days if you’re not in the parts that are in the shade sunscreen will be a must. I’ve gone to a game in the sun and fried like a piece of chicken, trust me on this one. If it rains in Toronto the dome will just close but most places are outside, so when they delay the game to save the field you are left just chilling in the rain, umbrella will save you!
7. Sweater or Cardigan. I know this sounds stupid especially after I said to bring sunscreen but I freeze sometimes. The season starts early and in Toronto, Canada it’s still winter when it starts, I went to a game and didn’t take off my jacket because it was cold. In the summer on a cold, rainy day when the dome is closed they turn on the A/C full blast to make sure everyone stays cool, I get cold easily but it could help. Also a jackets for the teams that start early and don’t play in a dome this is a must if you’re crazy enough to go see them.
8. Money. Food, beer, souvenirs! Somewhere in the park there will be a store, if you don’t have something of the teams this is a good chance but it will be a little more expensive them what it would be at a store outside the park. Most sports stores have their cities team stuff. Tim Hortons in Canada even sells Jays donuts, you will not have any problems finding what you want.
9. A good mood. You may have to wake up early and bus to the place but if you’re not in the mood to go to the game, you’re gonna have a bad time. Games are fun, be happy, have a drink, take a lot of pictures, sing the songs and do some of the fun things they have there for you.
10. Permanent Marker and Something to get Signed! Before every game you are allowed to go down to the field and one of the team mates will be signing thing. Bring your own marker and get your shirt, hat, ball signed. If you’re lucky your favorite player will be the one signing things, they also let you take their pictures with you!